BRAND PROTECTION INVESTIGATIONS
Why I need an expert to develop a proactive brand / trademark monitoring plan?
Your business could be losing significant amounts of proceeds to counterfeiters and trademark infringers. Your loss is their significant gain. Your reputation and future consumer confidence could now be in the hands of criminals. Pretending the problem isn’t impacting your bottom line will eventually catch up to you with typically disastrous results.
The counterfeiting of brand name products is a growing global problem that affects you whether you realize it or not. It adversely affects legitimate American businesses, employees trying to make an honest living and the safety of consumers just like you.
Did you know that according to that according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security that “Products that infringe on U.S. trademarks, copyrights and patents threaten the health and safety of American consumers, our economy, and our national security?”
—Homeland Security IPR Executive Summary
The Top Ten Counterfeit
Commodities Seized Are:
- Wearing apparel/accessories
- Consumer electronics
- Pharmaceuticals/personal care
- Optical media
Our Agency Can:
- Monitor and police online marketplaces for violations of your brand.
- Develop confidential informants (CI’s) as field assets.
- Identify and locate those individuals engaged in your IP theft.
- Join online groups and chat rooms to determine who is selling the product, from what location(s) and at what quantities.
- We access only the best intelligence resources to find information about the suspects, such as their home and business address, phone numbers, websites, advertisements etc.
- Arrange undercover operations to purchase the counterfeit items.
- Conduct covert surveillance to document a buy of counterfeit items.
- Collaborate with law enforcement in seizing counterfeit goods.
“In 2014, strong partnerships with our federal enforcement counterparts, effective targeting of high risk shipments and frontline interceptions of cargo at America’s ports of entry produced more than 23,000 seizures of fake products worth an estimated $1.2 billion that could have cheated or threatened the health of American consumers,” said Commissioner R. Gil Kerlikowske. Click here for full report.
CBP, ICE HSI Report $1.2 Billion in Counterfeit Seizures
WASHINGTON—U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland SEcurity Investigations (HSI) today announced the fiscal year 2014 results of an aggressive enforcement program to protect the United STates from counterfeit and pirated goods. CBP and HSI are the components within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) responsible for the enforcement of intellectual property rights (IPR).
Our Licensed Investigators Address IP Matters by Providing:
- BRAND VIOLATION INVESTIGATIONS
- ANTI-COUNTERFEITING INVESTIGATIONS
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS VIOLATIONS
- TRADEMARK INVESTIGATIONS
- ANTI-PIRACY INVESTIGATIONS
- UNDERCOVER BUYS
- UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE
- IDENTIFY ILLEGAL TRADE LINES
- IDENTIFY AND LOCATE INVOLVED INDIVIDUALS
- COLLECT & PRESERVE EVIDENCE / CHAIN OF CUSTODY
After making undercover counterfeit product purchases, we will provide court ready, professional documentation that complies with the evidentiary chain of custody procedures. Our reports and tactical procedures ensure your case can be prosecuted cleanly, ethically and without complication.
If you think your products are being copied, we can help you.
Speak to one of our investigators today to develop a specific plan to help protect your brand, trademark and or intellectual property. Our firm will directly address the issues of appropriately collecting and preserving evidence for civil and or criminal prosecution by collaborating with City, County, State and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies.